Pine Lake Leisure Campground is an easy, scenic 20 minute drive southeast of Red Deer, Alberta located on 77 acres at the northern tip of Pine Lake. Our family of 4 has spent the last two summers here at a seasonal RV site. Our two main “wants” in deciding on a lot were a seasonal, contract RV lot (not a purchased lot as some other parks are structured) and to be at a lake. After checking out several lakes within a 2 hour drive from Calgary, we decided on Pine Lake Leisure Campground.
Two years ago we moved to Calgary from British Columbia and gave up a gorgeous seasonal lake site. With many great memories and friends made with this experience, we wanted to find somewhere to be our new summer “home away from home”. Our boys were 7 and 1 so having a sandy beach with areas for swimming and water toys was important. As well, we enjoy boating and fishing – both of which are really fun at Pine Lake. There isn’t a lot of boat traffic so it’s great for watersports and we caught fish on a regular basis. We chose a fairly open lot, not private at all but it allowed us to meet neighbors and have the boys play with kids while being watched! Now our pick isn’t for everyone, but with over 570 seasonal sites varying in size, privacy and location, there is probably something for everyone. The majority of campers are from the Edmonton to Calgary distance radius.
Campground Amenities + Info:
– over 570 full service seasonal sites (power, water, sewer)
– 77 acres to explore (golf carts are allowed which are great for getting around)
– security gate
– one pet per site
– visitor camping area
– heated in-ground pool
– public bathrooms and pay showers
– golf carts are allowed with a $250 registration fee
– boat launch and gas
– boat slips are available (see website for fees)
– 3 playgrounds
– May 1 to September 30 season – RV’s, gazebo’s, storage sheds and decks may stay in place over the off-season
– boating and fishing
– volleyball court
– no WiFi
– clubhouse with snack and ice cream bar
– small convenience store
– activities and family events
– rental cabins (10)
– sandy beach with swim area
– water trampoline, lake float and bouncer
– Activities Canada Day kids parade and fireworks Halloween in August
– gated boat storage yard
– horseshoe pits
Nearby Attractions + Services:
– golf courses
– gas station
– liquor store
– Red Deer is 20 minutes away – restaurants, grocery stores, shopping
– 2 other resorts on the lake you can boat or drive to – golf and restaurants
Location + Contact Info:
Pine Lake Leisure Club
25125 Township Rd Hwy 42 E.
Pine Lake, Alberta, Canada, T0M 1S0
Overall, we enjoyed our time at Pine Lake. It’s great for families, it’s scenic and we felt we truly got out of the city and enjoyed some quality, outdoor time together.
– Good-sized lots with variety to choose from: lake view, full sun to full shade, treed in and private or open to your neighbors
– Family oriented. We enjoyed the events and activities throughout the summer.
– I like that there are plenty of paved roads. This was great for younger kids’ bikes, scooters, even strollers.
– Another nice thing was the policy allowing people to leave items on lots year-round (gazebo’s, decks, sheds). We’ve been at other campgrounds that require all items to be gone over the off-season. This way is a much easier spring set-up and fall take-down.
– The water at the beach area can be weedy and murky.
– Lack of trails for hiking or biking. Really no places to explore outside of the campground.
– Not a lot of nearby family attractions or things to do. There is golf but we can’t do that with a 1 year old. Some places to bike or a weekend market or jet-ski rentals would break up the summer a bit.
So definitely check out Pine Lake Leisure Campground if you’re between Edmonton and Calgary (depending on how far you’re happy driving)!